10 Places to Eat in Downtown Bakersfield
Are you heading to downtown Bakersfield for a deposition or have a court appearance and are unsure of where to take your client, colleagues or need to grab something yourself?
With so many out-of-town clients visiting Bakersfield, we frequently are asked where to get a great lunch or, on occasion, even dinner. Food is my love language so I took the time to compile a list of different cuisines, order-and-go, or sit-down restaurants that all have some really great food that are sure to not disappoint. So you do not have to do the research, I have got it covered. These are the places we recommend to our clients.
1. Sequoia Sandwich – Sequoia is a great sandwich shop that is popular in the downtown area. This place gets very busy, but thankfully they have a great QwikCafé next door that is a self-service, grab-and-go café if you are not willing to wait in the actual deli.
2. Too Fat Sandwiches – Another great sandwich shop just one street over from Sequoia. If you are craving that sandwich and do not want to wait in the line at Sequoia, head on over to this Bakersfield local deli that has a one-of-a-kind bread roll that you cannot find anywhere else.
3. Café Smitten – Whether you are popping in for breakfast or for lunch, this café has a good atmosphere with delicious food. This café is great if you like your specialty coffee and unique menu options like a vegan portobello, an avocado smash or quinoa bowls.
4. Locale Farm to Table– The name says it all. If you are conscious about what you are eating, then this is probably the place for you. Vegan? You got it. But they do offer hamburgers and tacos that are delicious. This lunch spot only uses locally sourced ingredients for their meals.
Dining In Lunch or Dinner
5. The Tower Craft Bar & Grill– If you are in court all day or at our office, head on over to The Tower. It has new ownership. It is casual, fast and very good. This restaurant is located in The Bell Tower, one block east from court. If you are limited on time and do not like the court’s cafeteria food, then this restaurant is the next best thing as far as proximity.
6. The Nines Restaurant at the Marriott – Not only a great hotel to stay at if you are needing to stay overnight and be close to court, but this restaurant has really great American food. It is across the street from our office and about 2 ½ blocks from the courthouse.
7. Uricchio Trattoria –An Italian restaurant with great service and many options from crab cakes to angel hair pasta to lobster ravioli. If you love the family-owned Italian feel, this place is a great option for you. This is a place for a full lunch hour, but it is worth it. Dinner is wonderful, too.
8. The Mark – This restaurant is not only open for dinner but is now advertising lunch with good menu options with everything from sandwiches to their amazing filets. They claim you can be in and out within 30 minutes for lunch.
9. Mexicali – In the mood for Mexican food? Mexicali Downtown is an old established local restaurant and it is very popular. This is a sit-down restaurant that is so fast and delicious, and they have daily lunch specials, too. If you are stopping there for dinner, their margaritas are the best in town!
10. Chef’s Choice Noodle Bar – Last but not least, if you are in the mood for sushi or a Thai and Japanese dish, try the Noodle Bar. This restaurant is a favorite for my family.
If you choose one of these places, or if you find a new delicious spot, let us know! We would love to pass on other great food recommendations to our clients and we would love a chance to try a new place. Great food means happy people!